Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. A Federal High Court sitting in Kaduna has upheld the nomination of Malam Nasiru El-Rufai as the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate for the governorship election held in the State.
The court ruled on Thursday that El-Rufai was properly nominated as the APC Governorship Candidate for the 2019 governorship election in the State.
2. The Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore has lost a suit it filed challenging the anti-open grazing law in Benue State.
A federal high court sitting in Abuja on Thursday dismissed the suit.
3. A former Minister of Education and Youth Development, Professor Ben Nwabueze (SAN) has announced himself as the leader of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s legal team.
The renowned lawyer made a brief appearance on Thursday morning before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT) in Abuja, to make the announcement.
4. A former staff of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, COZA, has again accused Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of raping her.
The lady who hid her identity and her face while narrating her story in an interview with Y!TV said the incident happened in 2017 at the pastor’s house.
5. The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has confirmed that the Ijegun pipeline fire has been successfully quenched with the assistance of specially-trained safety firemen after 17 hours of tedious services.
According TO Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, South-West Coordinator of NEMA, two died and taken to the mortuary, 12 injured, four were rescued and taken to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital in the resultant inferno.
6. A former Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, Timi Alaibe, has declared to run in the next governorship election in Bayelsa State.
Alaibe disclosed on Thursday that he will run a Blue Ocean Economy and invite private sector capital for sustainable development in the State.
7. Celebrity photographer, Busola Dakolo, who accused founder of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, of rape, has finally filed a formal complaint to the police, the Nation reports.
With her complaint, the Police have commenced investigation into the allegation.
8. The Social Democratic Party (SDP) has aligned with the Speaker, House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila on the principal minority officers announced during plenary on Wednesday.
SDP’s only member in the House of Representatives Tajudeen Adefisoye, said the names read by the Speaker on the floor of the House truly reflected the choices made by members of the minority parties.
9. The Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP) and the Action Peoples Party (APP) have approached an Abuja Federal High Court, to order the vacation from office political appointees of President Muhammadu Buhari, who are yet to be re-appointed.
Among presidential aides the coalition is seeking their sack include: Buhari’s Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari; Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha; Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity and Special Adviser, Femi Adesina, amongst others.
10. The National Assembly, on Thursday, pledged to intervene over the continued detention of the leader of Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, by the Department of State Services (DSS).
The House Leader, Ado Doguwa, made the promise when members of the group, popularly called the Shi’ites, stormed the National Assembly, demanding the release of their leader.