Looking to make Valentine’s Day a memorable one for your loved one? How about a break from the norm; get him or her that finance related gift.
It may seem different but trust me; it is something that will certainly be cherished for a long time. We break down a few below
1. Surprise your loved one with a paid subscription
Whether it is payment for data usage, cable TV payment, renewing their Netflix or Amazon Prime subscription, the more the better. You can make your loved one’s day by doing any of these.
2. Subscribe to an Investment plan on their behalf
You can never go wrong with investment saving and interest deriving opportunities for the future. Why not spoil your loved one with these opportunities. These platforms offers direct investment opportunities to users in addition to encouraging that much needed saving culture again. By so doing, you are able to manage your savings in a better, well informed way. Several investment platforms exist in Nigeria to help you achieve this. Platforms such as PiggyInvest, Investa Nigeria, CowryWise, InvestNaira etc.
3. Pay for an Online Class
Getting reoriented by learning new skills isn’t such a bad idea. In an ever changing world where things are changing daily, it’s best to be on top of your game at all while setting yourself apart.
Online master classes have come to stay. You could spoil your partner by paying for one or more classes that can help sharpen or broaden their career or entrepreneurial opportunities
They are several courses you can pay for that can help develop your loved ones soft and hard skills. See a few examples below
1. Project Management
2. Public Speaking
3. Microsoft Office Training (Excel, Ms Word, PowerPoint etc.)
4. Leadership and Management Trainings
4. Buy Finance related Books
You can never go wrong with this.
5. FGN Savings Bond
The FGN Savings bond is a good Valentine’s gift for your loved one because you are contributing to the financial future of your partner as well as teaching good financial habits.
This bond seeks to help enhance the savings culture among Nigerians while providing all citizens irrespective of income level, an opportunity to contribute to National Development; as well as the comparativelyfavorable returns available in the capital market. FGN Savings Bond is safe and backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria, with quarterly coupon payments to bondholders.
1. Minimum subscription of N5, 000 with additions in multiple of N1, 000; subject to a maximum of N50 million.
2. Fixed coupon will be paid quarterly to investors.
3. Bond tenors will range from 2 – 3 years tenor.
4. It will be issued on a Monthly Basis through an Offer for Subscription.
5. Monthly offer will be open for 5 days from the date of announcement.
1. The coupon/interest income from the Savings Bond is tax-free.
2. The bondholder enjoys coupon/interest on a quarterly basis which is paid directly to his/her bank account
3. It makes it possible for individuals to plan and save towards personal projects.
4. FGN Savings Bonds are liquid as Secondary Market trading will be on the trading platform of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
5. The FGN Savings Bond is acceptable as collateral for loans.
6. It offers guaranteed returns, and encourages financial inclusion.
Investors are to subscribe through Dealing Members of the Nigerian Stock Exchange accredited by the DMO to act as Distribution Agents.
So there you have it, it is never too late to do the needful. Put that smile on your loved one’s face.